Monday, August 10, 2009

Dr Pepper




I absolutely love Dr Pepper, but you aren't supposed to have caffeine when you are pregnant so I gave it up. I have been dying for a Dr Pepper for over 7 months but haven't been able to find any of the caffeine free stuff but this Saturday when we came home there was a box of Caffeine Free Dr Pepper on our doorstep. It's not the diet stuff either, which (despite what anyone says) tastes different; it's all the Dr Pepper goodness without the caffeine and it tastes just the same! A couple in our ward found it when they were grocery shopping and got some for me. I was so excited when I saw it that I nearly cried (nearly, I was too busy trying to open the box and get a can out). This was seriously one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me! Thank you!

6 comments:

Berke and Cassy said...

That is the BEST news EVER! I am heading to the store tomorrow! Thanks for the exciting news!

ellie said...

You're hillarious! That's awesome. I myself almost teared up- that's so sweet!

Southern Belle said...

AH!!! I gave up the last month and drank the Diet Coke to get rid of my headaches. Terrible I know. Maybe that is why Jocelyn is so crazy. I am glad you have some dr. pepper.

Annette said...

You are too funny. They sell it at Walmart. We buy Caffine Free Diet Dr. Pepper there all the time. We'll see you this weekend!

Brian said...

Sam, failing to satisfy a food craving for a pregnant wife is a bit like trying to fix your own cavities with soldering iron. Sure, it's cheaper than the conventional route and an adrenaline rush to boot, but in the end you're making up a story to tell the paramedics and eating food through a straw.

Megan said...

Ah, I understand your feelings...I am a Diet Pepsi junkie, I'll admit, even an addict, and I gave it up while pregnant. It was seriously the first thing I drank after having Cooper! Glad you had a happy day! :)