Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Election

I love living in America! Today as I was walking to school I heard a couple of construction workers talking about the election. One worker asked the other who had won and then said that it showed how much he didn't care because he didn't know the outcome. The other worker asked if he had voted and the first worker said no. This is such a tragedy!
I know many people feel like their vote doesn't count or make a difference, but what if everyone felt that way and no one voted? I feel like it is not only a privilege to vote but also a duty. I kept hearing people say that it doesn't matter who you vote for, just vote. Well, I disagree, don't vote if you really don't care, but if you are going to vote get informed.

I voted for Barack Obama because I agree with him on many issues. When it was announced last night that he was the winner I got a lump in my throat because I am so happy that our country has finally realized that skin color doesn't matter.

God Bless America!

2 comments:

Southern Belle said...

That makes me sad! I love being able to vote.

The Marshall's said...

Hi Sarah! I just came across your blog. Its so good to keep in touch with old friends from High School. Keep in touch. Mandi