Monday, September 3, 2012

August


Oh, what do you do in the summer-time, when all the world is green (or brown if you live in Utah)?  Play inside!

Normally I love to play outside and soak up the sun, but it has just been too hot and there's not much I can do while taking care of Elizabeth, plus looking at Pinterest makes me feel guilty that I never do anything fun or pre-school-ish with Ethan, so we have put our indoor time to good, at least better, use.  What have we done?

Homemade play-dough out of baking soda and corn starch.  Ethan doesn't really like to "play" with it, he prefers to roll it out and cut out shapes.
 


You got me, we also watch TV.  Ethan's favorite shows on Netflix are Yo Gabba Gabba, Blues Clues, The Cat in the Hat, and anything Thomas.  He also loves Tangled, Shark Tale, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and The Lorax.  This boy has crazy energy, but he loves to watch TV.  Sometimes when I'm going crazy or I want to run on the treadmill, I'll put something on for him to watch so I can have a little break.  I would feel guilty about this, but it's probably the only reason why I have any sanity left.


We also find all sorts of things to play with.  Sam pulled out his baseball glove and heard me call it a "mitt," he immediately ran to his room so that he could wear his mittens like Daddy.

We hit bubbles with the baseball bat.  No good pictures of the action, too hard to blow bubbles and take a non fuzzy picture at the same time.

We are still working on the bicycle.  He has a hard time with the peddling so Sam or I have to push his feet, it gets exhausting so we don't do this as often as we should.

Painting!

Finger Painting!

Moon Sand (flour and baby oil).

You may be wondering where Elizabeth is during all the fun.  Usually we do these type of activities during one of her naps.

And occasionally we play with our bazillions of toys.


Also during the month of August, Elizabeth turned 6 months old.  It's hard to believe that she is already that old.  She is almost crawling and is very good at rolling, pivoting, and scooting herself around to get where she wants.


 


2 comments:

Southern Belle said...

They are so cute and how creative with all the inside play. I didn't like pushing Jocelyn either. I ended up tying a rope to her handle bars and pulled her for a long time. She eventually caught on and started to peddle.

Annette said...

You are so good! You are brave with the moon sand - I haven't ventured there. It will cool down soon, and then everyone can play outside again!