Monday, March 2, 2009

Mmm...Soup!


I have never made homemade soup before so this was big for me (but it turned out to be quite easy). Soup just sounded good and I found a recipe in my favorite cookbook "Fix-It and Enjoy-It" by Phyllis Pellman Good (same lady who does the Fix-It and Forget-It cookbooks for slow cookers) and despite not having gone grocery shopping for quite some time, I actually had all the ingredients (except for celery so I just left it out). But even without the celery it was very yummy.



I was in a hurry to get it finished before Sam left for work so I just moved things I was done with out of the way and now have a mess and yes, that is a Chinese food leftover box, but since I ate its contents for lunch it was serving as a small portable garbage.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I just think of Seinfeld..."No soup for you!" Glad to hear your soup was yummy. I love to make soup since you can just throw it in the crockpot and let it simmer all day...maybe we'll be having soup for dinner tonight!

Annette said...

I'm impressed. I have just started using those Bear Country Kitchen, or whatever they are called. Hey - post of pictures of your house! We are excited to see it.